Tuesday, March 01, 2011


Carless Board of Supervisor to Run for SF Mayor

David Chiu, who is currently the President of the Board of Supervisors of the city and county of San Francisco has announced his candidacy for mayor. He also doesn't own a car and has pledged to work to improve mass transit. He said, "As your candidate for mayor who doesn’t own a car, who gets to City Hall either on the number 49 or on my bicycle, I think we can do better.”

Wow. That's someone I can take seriously. I hope that his candidacy raises the profile of mass transit as a campaign issue throughout California. I believe that there is only so much a city or county can do to improve mass transit without responsible mass transit policy by the state or federal government.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home